Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quality daddy time

The wife headed out to Mill Valley to play some golf with her dad and brother so here I am at home with the kids. I love golf, but feel so awesome about spending quality time with the kids and it is nice to have Erin be able to go out into the real world once in a while and have some fun. They started off kind of cranky with gas or something so for a while I had both on my on the recliner just rocking and shush-ing them until they settled down. Now they are happily asleep next to each other in the pack-n-play we got from Nana. Last night we headed out to Cha Cha Cha for a nice dinner while unkie and gramps watched the kids. It was only the second time since they have been born that we have left both of them with someone else. Dinner was fantastic and so was the sangria (here's a recipe courtesy of Erin's new favorite chef, Tyler Florence). We both agreed that being out was nice but we missed our kids. It is so cool how fast you become attached to them and they are such an integral part of your life. I really can't imagine my life without them any more, especially when they make faces like this: