Sunday, May 18, 2008

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn...

...where Brooklyn is a euphemism for 'until they turn two', I guess. Last night we got almost no sleep. Apparently the kids are going through some sort of growth spurt which means that instead of sleeping they are awake and crying a lot and feeding even more. I think I got around 4 hours of sleep and the wife maybe half that. I suppose that isn't so bad, since it could have been no hours of sleep, but still much less than I am used to and less than they have been letting us get to this point. I really shouldn't complain since this means that they are super-hungry and growing like they are supposed to, but I really hope that we can work a deal out with them so that when I go back to work next week they let me get just enough to not be a zombie at work. Thursday and Friday they were sleeping enough that I was able to install a new-to-me open source CMS (Umbraco) and set up a website for the Make-A-Wish New Leadership Council in NYC and it was nice to get back into the tech state of mind for a little while. Once we get a live url I will post it. At any rate I hope to be able to balance the demands of the kids (and wife ;)) with those of work. Stay tuned for updates.