Thursday, February 25, 2010

Non sequitur

Realizing that is has been a while since I posted I've been thinking about what, if anything, I have to say these days. Life has been super-hectic and every day pretty much conforms to the following schedule:

6:30 - woken up by 'mommie, dada?... mommie, dada?... mommie, dada?...'
7:20 (or 8:20) - on the bus to work
5:40 - on the bus home
7:00 - bedtime for kiddies
8:00 - 11:00 - house projects
11:00 - 12:00+ (optional) more work stuff or indy research and indulgent dev projects

To say the least it is fairly tiring for both the wife & I and many potentially interesting details of each day are lost in the fatigue. It is certainly rewarding and almost always lots of fun, but hopefully will shift to us getting more rest at some point in the near future. But I digress. The impetus for posting today was that I performed some social experimenting on Facebook the other day and created a group entitled 'I bet I can find 1,000,000,000 people who think that the NBC Olympic coverage sucks' not so much on the actual merit of such a claim but more so based on all of the bad press they have been getting and the fact that I see half a dozen of these types of groups a day and felt the need to spoof. I urge you to join here and show your support for the struggling masses who want real-time coverage of sports that matter. That isn't even the real reason for the post. It is as follows:


I decided that in order to further my own knowledge of the industry in which I work, I'd place an ad for my group on Facebook itself and see what happens. I started typing in a couple keywords and this was what i got as 'bonus' suggestions. I'm not sure but it seems like the algorithm is way, way off. I'll post again when I either have some data on the ad's effectiveness or have reached 1m members. Either way, don't hold your breath for another post this month.